Scrap the motherboard. It isn't worth the time and effort if there is even
one thing wrong with the board. If you shop around on the Web, you can still
find someone selling AT/ATX boards that will fit your case and power supply,
not to mention your processor and maybe the memory you bought for the old
one. If you live in an area where you have a computer shop, check with them
for any old boards that work, but are no longer of interest to them. For $25
or less, you might find the perfect solution to your needs.

If you are going to put money into this box, seriously conside buying a new
box, maybe without the monitor, keyboard, etc. for a couple of hundred
dollars. As long as you find that the components are Linux compatible, you
will have a much better server this way than what you would have sticking
with what you got now.

The advice that everyone else is giving you is good advice. However, if you
are working on a tight budget and your needs/expectations are meager, I
would suggest that you buy a new box for the most that you can afford and
spend your time configuring the software. Nothing is more frustrating than
wasting good money on bad hardware. Even a local computer shop could build
you a barebones box for the money you would spend on memory, hard drive and
processor upgrades.

I am curious... If you have hubs connected to your cable modem, one must be
a gateway/IP forwarding unit, with the others feeding off of it. Unless you
are paying for multiple IPs through your cable modem service provider, as
soon as the second machine comes on line, it will be denied access to the
Web. Most cable modem service providers will not serve two boxes or more
without paying for the privilege. I went through this here, and found that
the best option for protection and network service was to let the Linksys
gateway/firewall/switch do all the DHCP and IP forwarding to all my network
clients. I never have to worry about the server being up to serf the Web. Is
this what you are doing now? If so, I wouldn't put another NIC in the
server...let the harware gateway/firewall do the work.

My opinion based on what works for me and my clients. But, you do have some
decisions to make before you can worry about that.