Ok, at last "I" get to help someone.  Payback time.  :^)

Download the flash plugins.  I have a file called flash_linux.tar.gz that I
got hold of from the flash site I was taken to the last time I tried to
access a flash site.  You need to get two files out of this archive.

libflashplayer.so
and
ShockwaveFlash.class

and put them into /usr/lib/mozilla-1.1/plugins directory.

Then go into Konqueror,  Settings>Netscape Plugins> and add the above path.
When you've done that click 'scan for new plugins' and wallah....  It had
better work or I'm gonna look silly.  Let me know how you go.

> > how does one install and enable the flash plugin for Konqueror?  It
> > was very easy to do in Mozilla but I prefer to use Konqueror.
>
> Hopefully someone will answer that question. I have been using Phoenix
> which is Mozilla Lite, but would love to go back to Konqueror.

Regards
        Trevor