Someone posted to this listserv that they were using a Hauppage video
capture card in Linux. I can't seem to find that posting so...I am asking
for help from anyone, especially anyone using this card to capture analog
video from a VHS-C camcorder...

I have an older version (Bt848KPF) Hauppage video capture card in MDK 9.0.
The card shows up in Hardware as a TVCard in MCC, and seems to be configured
properly. I just can't figure out how to get any use out of it. XawTV will
not even run. It hangs as it tries to load and then quits. I have tried as
root and user. I have also tried a couple of other programs, but still no
joy. I have used this card before in a Windows environment and already have
experience in video capturing from my camcorder. It originally came with my
U.S. Robotics BipPicture Webcam.  I think that my inexperience with Linux is
killing me here.  :-(

Any suggestions welcome!

TIA