From: "Angus Auld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 10:01 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] about DMA & Mdk Linux

Thanks so much. I've made the necessary alterations and additions to enable
DMA for my hd (hda) and cd-rom (hdc).

I will give it a try for a bit and see what happens.

What about the option, "Enable drive read-lookahead"? Is that something that
is advantageous and safe to use? I think I have something like that enabled
in my windows system.

All the best. :-)

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in
awareness."--James Thurber