On Thursday 14 Nov 2002 1:28 pm, you wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 01:16:15PM +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I uninstalled Mozilla immediately after re-installation of 8.2, so that I
> > could install Mozilla 1, but that removed Galeon.  If I reinstall galeon
> > from the Mandrake 8.2 disks am I likely to cause any conflicts?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Anne, I got around that by compiling Mozilla myself. If you get the
> tarball and build it, it defaults to /usr/local instead of /usr/bin. So,
> I have two versions of Mozilla. I just point my shortcuts to
> /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla and I'm happy.
>
> Todd

I did that on my last install, but there were some problems - can't remember
the details, but things like file associations didn't work properly etc..  I
note also that mozilla.org say that there will be problems with two versions,
and that you must uninstall the old version first.  So that's what I did.

Still, if it works for you....

Anne