On Thursday 14 November 2002 03:54 pm, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 07:20, Michael wrote:
> > My wife just installed Mandrake 9.0, dual boot, on her Win 98 box.  After
> > the install, which went fine, everytime she tries to boot from the
> > harddrive she gets an error message saying EBDA too big, and it fails.
> > When she boots from the floppy, it works fine.  Her system has a 6Gb
> > harddrive with an extended 80Gb drive, which is operated through the BIOS
> > and which Mandrake did recognize during the install.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas on how to appraoch this?
> >
> > Michael
>
> That's a strange one - but has she tried re-running lilo from a command
> line after booting into linux? That would be the first shot to take...

It is a MBR problem, put the install CD1 in and hit the F1 key then at the
control prompt type "rescue" then you should get a interface with "re-install
bootloader" as an option. Hit that and reboot and you should get your lilo
boot back with the option to boot linux or M$. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842