On Fri, 2002-11-15 at 15:12, Jordan Thompson wrote:

> I am getting mail OK, so I don't think I want to monkey with fetchmail (if
> it ain't broke - don't fix it.)
>

> waayyy cool! I finally have webmin running.  thanks for that!

You're probably running POSTFIX as your SMTP/POP3 server for your
Mandrake installation. You're going to have to go through and check all
of the default settings for postfix and then restart the service after
you've done. On client machines, you should be able to just put in the
IP address of this server, or the DNS name as it is on your network.
That SHOULD be enough to kick it all and make it work. Otherwise, you're
enslaved to sending OUTBOUND directly to the ISP - which is rather
"unpretty" for all that you're trying to accomplish. The idea would be
to use this linux box as your complete server - inbound and outbound -
so that if you want to institute an antivirus solution for all networked
clients, you could do so in one fell swoop instead of mucking around
endlessly with the workstation clients.

Get postfix up and running and tell me if it's working mate...shouldn't
take but about 15 minutes tops...

--
Fri Nov 15 15:20:01 EST 2002

--------------------------------
|            __    __          |
|           /  \ /| |'-.       |
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      |
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |kuhn media australia
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |http://kma.0catch.com
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |stephen kuhn
|      ;"""/ / |         |     |email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     |mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     |linux user:267497
--------------------------------

"Despite its suffix, skepticism is not an "ism" in the sense of a belief
or dogma.  It is simply an approach to the problem of telling what is
counterfeit and what is genuine.  And a recognition of how costly it may
be to fail to do so.  To be a skeptic is to cultivate "street smarts" in
the battle for control of one's own mind, one's own money, one'w own
allegiances.  To be a skeptic, in short, is to refuse to be a victim.
-- Robert S. DeBear, "An Agenda for Reason, Realism, and
Responsibility,"
 New York Skeptic (newsletter of the New York Area Skeptics, Inc.),
Spring 1988