joe wrote:

On Mon, 2002-11-18 at 16:00, Matt Harrison wrote:

I do have aspell running and my OO still has crappy spell check. Mine is so bad it is even missing words I misspell on purpose to test it.
-Matt

I also have aspell and 3 kinds of English dictionaries installed. I also
purposely misspelled word to check, ie corrporration, was not picked up.
It says spell check complete...but it isn't. Once I got an error message
saying something about checking my settings under tools/options/language
settings/writing aides, which I did and everything looks good. Myspell
spell checker is there, looks enabled, thesaurus is there... What else
could I check? I cant seem to get the same error message again, now it
always says spell check complete.

There's a good dictionary with a spellchecker attatched called kdict which looks to
me like the webster's dictionary that was part of M8.2 incorporated into kde
and it works but the disadvantage is that it has to be online, and of course it
isn't intergrated into either Mozilla which is where I want one most of all, nor
anywhere else as far as I can see.
John

--
John Richard Smith