----- Original Message -----
From: "John McQuillen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2002 3:30 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] is this list appropriate for settingup
amailserveron9.0?

<SNIP>
> Try this (attached)

OK, I installed the perl moduls (this was especially cool as I was doing
this via a telnet session from work to home - knowing that my mandrake
machine was going over the net to somewhere to download packages while I am
miles away !)

I then installed the rpm.

Now, I am reading the installation instructions:

2. Edit the pop-before-smtp-conf.pl file to customize it for your system.

***
I assume it the one in /etc.
***

Look for this:

# Set the log file we will watch for pop3d/imapd records.
#$file_tail{'name'} = '/var/log/maillog';

If the mentioned file is not the correct one that your email server uses to
log when someone has authenticated, you can uncomment the second line and
tweak its value (note that the code immediately following these lines might
find your logfile automatically -- it searches for several other values).

***
I could not find any file that looks likely... I am running postfix, but
could not find maillog in var/log or anywhere else!  Do I need to
reconfigure something in postfix?
***
thanks,
Jordan