I've been using InstantRecovery from Novastor with good success.  It's
actually a bootable linux distro that then reads the drive partitions
and lets you write them to CD, CDRW, tape or other partitions (than the
one being backed up). I personally write to CDRWs and it automatically
spans them and they are bootable.  Works great.  I'm not sure if it's
exactly what you are looking for or not, but you can check it out at
www.novastor.com.

--
Joseph Braddock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>