After using Mandrake 9.0 with kdm for a month without any problems, kdm suddenly does not allow any window manager and always runs failsafe window.

It could have happened after unclean shutdown, but I'm using reiserfs journaling.

I was able to run kdm configuration from KDE control center and create a default kdm config, but it did not help.

Is there a log file I could investigate, or any other way to troubleshoot this, short of uninstalling kdebase.rpm ?

--
Milos Prudek