On Thu, 2002-11-21 at 21:14, Milos Prudek wrote:
> After using Mandrake 9.0 with kdm for a month without any problems, kdm
> suddenly does not allow any window manager and always runs failsafe window.
>
> It could have happened after unclean shutdown, but I'm using reiserfs
> journaling.
>
> I was able to run kdm configuration from KDE control center and create a
> default kdm config, but it did not help.
>
> Is there a log file I could investigate, or any other way to
> troubleshoot this, short of uninstalling kdebase.rpm ?
>

> --
> Milos Prudek

Change your current runlevels to runlevel 3 - make sure you clean out
any KDE nasties in /tmp - after you've reconfigured the KDM settings via
logging into the console and starting KDE with the 'startx' script a few
times (and rebooting to make sure), change your runlevel back to 5 and
you should be have your 'normal' KDM setup again...or at least the way
it was before it was broke...

--
Thu Nov 21 21:15:00 EST 2002
   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

"Violence accomplishes nothing."  What a contemptible lie!  Raw, naked
violence has settled more issues throughout history than any other method
ever employed.  Perhaps the city fathers of Carthage could debate the
issue, with Hitler and Alexander as judges?