> > > It is in Contrib
> > > I have posted recently on how to add Contrib as a urpmi source
> >
> > Got it, thanks - I have music again.
> >
> > Anne
>
> That's interesting.  I'm playing a CD with XMMS in MDK 9.0.  I don't have
> CDREAD installed at all.  I'm just playing location "/mnt/CDROM"  It's
> playing great.
>
> Linus

Anne had a particular problem in that her computer does not have an analogue
audio cable from the CD drive to her sound card. Linux needs this cable, but
recent versions of Windows does not.  Hence many PC manufacturers now leave
the cable off.  The xmms-cdread package allows xmms to play CDs over the IDE
cable.

derej