Aaron wrote:

Itried mounting and got this

root@adsl mnt]# mount /mnt/cdrom1
mount: special device /dev/scd1 does not exist

In /dev I see links for cdrom, cdrom0, and cdrom1???

how do I find my cd drive names??
Thanks Aaron

No, I didn't mean that.

lets take your fstab entries below,

your device will be called whatever you describe it in fstab, so

/dev/hdb /mnt/cdrom auto codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,nosuid,ro,user,nodev 0 0
the device is /mnt/cdrom, that is ok, this looks like it's the straight ide device
and you do not want or need scsi-emulation.

/dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom auto codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,nosuid,rw,user,nodev 0 0
but here again you have another device cdrom, you should not have 2 devices with
the same name, unless of course it is the same device, but I don't think it is
in your case.Therefore change the name of the device to be something else,
eg. cdrom2

/dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom3 auto codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,nosuid,ro,user,nodev 0 0
I think this is your true scsi device.it is ok to call it cdrom3

so what I am saying is, why not change the entry in fstab from ,
/dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom auto codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,nosuid,rw,user,nodev 0 0
to /dev/scd1 /mnt/cdrom2 auto codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,noauto,nosuid,rw,user,nodev 0 0

and then ensure that in directory /mnt you have all three devices as:-
/mnt/cdrom
/mnt/cdrom2
/mnt/cdrom3

That way you have 2 scsi devices, one true scsi, the other and ide device faked under scsi-emulation , and a genuine ide device. All are then properly mounted
under /mnt/cdrom , /mnt/cdrom2, /mnt/cdrom3, and to mount everything just
type into a root terminal mount -a , and they should all be mounted.

the way you have it at the moment, two devices are mounted under the one /mnt/cdrom directory.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]