Joe Braddock wrote:

To insert a picture into an OO document, use the Insert==>Graphics==>From File menu.
Works like a charm.

Joeb

Then I think there must be something wrong with my settings.

I go insert-graphics-from file menu - up comes a window, I direct to .jpeg file,
click open and a square with 6 small green markers to the parimiter appears
but no photo. Any thoughts ?

Another question,

Can OOwrite keep control of chapters,paragraphs,,subparagraphs, etc etc, and
number them automatically like kword (and as it happens Klyx), and when
required insert a new chapter etc and alter the numbering as well ?

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]