Joe Braddock wrote:

-------Original Message-------
From: John Richard Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 11/22/02 04:45 PM
To: Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] Printer Problems M9.0 and Lexmark Z53

I guess so.
I've been conducting a little experiment,
this is with Z53 foomatic+gimp-print driver(it's probably the >better of the two ghostscript
drivers) now I've taken the standard colour settings :-
yellow 1.000
contrast 1.000
magenta 1.000
stp gamma 1.600
stp brightness 1.000
cyan 1.000 result lacking red.

Each in turn I increased first yellow, then magenta, and then >cyan
to the maximum setting of 4.000 each while putting back the
previous to 1.000

in each and every case the only change is an increase of BLUE

red is noticeable in it's absence and yellow is unchanged.

Something is screwed, is it the install or a faulty driver,
I suppose I have to reinstall, but not looking forward to
doing that as printer driver and spooling software installs
is not my idea of fun.It might be quicker to do an entire
OS install.

However as you say maybe there is an updated driver.

I don't know whether Joe Braddock of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
might be willing to test his z53 with the same driver and >settings
and report to me , the cost is 3 sheets of wasted paper and ink.

John

I won't be able to until tonight (Saturday), but I'll be glad to test it. As I said in another post, though, I've been printing everything from plain black text to full color photos and I haven't had a problem with it.

Joeb

p.s. One last question. When you did your dual install of 8.2 and 9.0, are you sharing any partitions between the two (i.e. home or var)?

The only partitions I share are the /boot partition, nothing else.

Probably I ought to create a shared /home but I don't , as on the whole
I don't find it much trouble to copy across anything I need which isn't all
that much. Just things like cddb , addressboot, bookmarks etc.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]