On Saturday 23 November 2002 01:08 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:

> Mandrake has paride compiled as a module. It is located here
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-16mdk/kernel/drivers/block/paride
>
> You just need to
>
> modprobe paride
>

> derek

I found the paride module from your last email and per microsolutions
instructions, did a insmod parport insmod paride insmod -f backpack and it
said the module could not be found.

i also tried downloading the module from the microsolutions site and running
the install script and get a message saying my kernel is not a compatible
version.  I'm just not sure what to do from here.  the paride module contains
the drivers we need, but mdk doesn't seem to find it.  I also did a depmod -a
and that didn't seem to have any effect either.

michael