On 25 Nov 2002, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> Read? Read what? A manual? A README file? What's the point of reading
> about an application when you can just fire it up and crash away!?!?
> (grin)

i tried that at first and didn't seem to be able to get it to work for me,
so i took a very quick skim of the manpage and still wasn't able to do
what i wanted, so i actually need to pay a bit more attention to detail
this time i think.

> What I meant was that especially with Mandrake, if a program "dumps" on
> ya, it will leave nice little "core.XXXX" files laying around in your
> home directory (or other places where they shouldn't be anyways)...so
> what I meant was that if you can force the program into being installed,
> but it crashes and leaves "core dumps" all over the place, well, they're
> easily deleted...(grin)

haven't found any core dumps laying around, but i haven't actively looked
for any, nothing has gone on that has made me think that i might need to
look for them yet.  thanks for letting me know about this though, i didn't
know about this.  i can see where i can be usefull.

> NOTHING was meant in a "mean antagonistic" way, mind you...just having a
> tad bit of fun for a Monday..! Just glad I don't live in Detroit
> anymore!

i didn't think anything was meant in that way at all.

Les Henderson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]