>have seen this happen when the core temperature of the box is maybe as high
>as 60 degrees F, or 15.5 degrees C. This is not a standard or a determined
>threshold by any means, just what I have noticed. Certainly, a drive that
>is spinning for weeks on end may find start-up from cold to be an issue. If
>you are set for a fast-boot in the BIOS, try changing it to a thorough one.
>I would be surprised if that change (if needed) didn't solve the problem.

Now this is really hitting home. The temperature here in the room was still
low, could well be around the 15C that you mention.
Tonight I am going to set up this machine for a thorough post. And next time
I shut it, I will see if that makes a difference.
Thanks!
Paul

--
You are scrupulously honest, frank, and straightforward.
Therefore you have few friends.

http://nlpagan.net    -    Linux Mandrake 8.2     -   Sylpheed 0.8.6
Help Microsoft combat software piracy: give Linux to a friend today!