I know this is too naive. But I got confused of different helps I found on the internet.

I get error message when I do mount /dev/cdrom
mount: can't find /dev/cdrom in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

mount /mnt/cdrom gives out:
/dev/hdc: Input/output error
mount: I could not determine the filesystem type and non was specified

/etc/fstab read:
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,umask=0,exec,codepage=850,ro,noauto 0 0

/var/log/messages reads:
hdc: DV22E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

One of the helps I found on the internet told me to delete /dev/cdrom and do ln -s /dev/hdc /dev/cdrom
But I kept rm /dev/cdrom and it doesn't go away. It cannot be deleted. What should I do?

The other help told me to mount -t iso9660 -o ro /dev/cdrom /cdrom
I don't know what that means but it gives an error saying:
mount point /cdrom does not exist.

Any hint what I should do? Many thanks.