On Tuesday 26 November 2002 03:09 pm, Gilligan wrote:
> Help, Please
>
>    I have a Abit IT7 motherboard and Linux cannot see my hard drives.
> (WinXP requires my HPT 374 Raid driver disk to see the hard drives). Am
> I outta luck using this MB with Linux? I looked on Abit's web site but
> didn't find any drivers for Linux.
>
> Thanks

Look at www.highpoint-tech.com for propriatary drivers, and the kernel has
support options for Highpoint 372/374 controllers and software raid.  Only
bad thing is, you cant boot off a raid0 array. I suggest using the highpoint
driver to make the partitions, Every time I tried ataraid and hptraid to
install (fdisk or even formatting screwed up the master boot record) , it
hosed the raid array.  There is an ATARAID mailing list at
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jack