Hi list,
new to linux, and Mandrake.  I am having a problem trying to get my internet
working in Mandrake.  Previously I used Red Hat 8, and the connection was
established automatically, with no input from me, and worked faultlessly.
With Mandrake, it just does not want to work.  With the install wizard, I
selected to automatically detect, and when it got to the update section, it
could not connect.  Now in the system, I still can't get it to work.  I
never took down the settings in Red hat before changing, so I have no
reference as to how it worked before.  All I have are the settings in my
windows system, which are as follows:
Address assigned by DHCP
I.P. 10.0.0.1
Subnet mask 255.0.0.0
Default gateway 10.0.0.138
DHCP server 10.0.0.138
DNS server 10.0.0.138

the ethernet card I am using is a realtek
the modem is a alcatel speed touch pro.

It is acting purely as a router, and I am not currently required to enter in
any login names or passwords.  The connection is always on.

Please help me!!!

regards Greg