Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Thu, 2002-11-28 at 07:22, John Richard Smith wrote:

Does anyone know of any good linux based technical drawing programmes.

regards,

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Are you talking about diagramming, or what actually?

Yes , Stephen,

Technical drawing on computer, you know round widgets and things.

I'm currently looking at gcad, which I take to mean Computer Aided Design.
and Dia, both look promissing, I found a help file for qcad , seems to
think you know quite a bit already, and the manual doesn't start to get
going for some depth, but I trying to make sense of it right now.

Dia seems to have a broken help file location so currently cannot make
head nor tail of it.I haven't drawn with computers before so this is all new.

I need to draw a plan, side, and end view of a device I'm giving to
a friend so he can make it for himself.

thanks.

John

--