Hi Erik,
   Ok, i tried what u said. Downloaded AutoClave and ran it. Did 1 pass since i tot
that's enough. Reinstalled xp (NTFS). Later, resized it using PQMagic, having Fat32
and ext2. Booted into Mandrake setup.....and!!!! Got the same problem!!! I feel it's
not the harddisk then. Bios perhaps?
   I also downloaded the clean up program from fujitsu(my harddisk manufacturer). Ran
it and did the same thing, got the same problem.
   If this goes on i'm going to sue Toshiba. ;)

Sean