On Thursday 28 Nov 2002 5:57 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Out of curiosity I decided to try the card reader again, now 9.0 is settled
> in.  To my surprise MCC recognises it as follows:

I tried a re-boot, and found that my sda was now sdb, and the card was
recognised as sda.  Then I tried to mount it:
---
mount /dev/hda /mnt/cardreader
mount: block device /dev/hda is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: No medium found
[root@anne-linux anne]# umount /mnt/cardreader
umount: /mnt/cardreader: not mounted
----

I presume that this means that it is finding the CF slot, for which I don't
have a card, and not the SM slot, in which I have placed a card.

Is that your interpretation?

Anne