Jordan Elver wrote:

Hi,
Is there a command to compare the contents of two cds?
So, I put one cd in my cdburner, one in my dvd drive. Can I compare that they contain exactly the same files?

TIA,
Cheers,
Jord

Xcdroast will verify a disc write for you, of cause that assumes that the
original cashing up is done write, but not withstanding an accurate
read it does a fair job of ensuring the finish write to CD is a true and
fair copy of the cashed up .

I don't see why there shouldn't be a command line way, of reading the
disk and comparing with the written disc , in the way you describe .
It would be interesting to know if anyone has a method. If xcdroast
a gui front end can read a harddrive and compare it with a disc then
Igues the same programme can read on cd and compare it with
another CD.

John

--
John Richard Smith