On Friday 29 Nov 2002 12:52 am, Wei Wang wrote:
> I am trying to install pine4.5 on my Mandrake 9.0 from source
> and get error message saying I don't have Openssl support.
> I already had openssl and openssl-devel 0.9.6g-1 installed. Am
> I missing something here?
>

> Wei

There is an RPM for Pine on Penguin Liberation Front
http://plf.zarb.org/

PLF is where you will find RPMs with questionable licences, or subject to
patents.

Follow the instructions on the front page and you can get urpmi access to PLF
RPMs  (Be careful some servers are really slow)

You can then install Pine with a simple

urpmi pine
Or use the Mandrake Software Manager GUI.

Much nicer than those nasty tarballs  :)

derek