hello,

as a newbie to linux i have to agree that mandrake has been the easiest to
configure and i would like to go back - as a matter of fact i'm in the
process of downloading the 9.0 iso's.

my problem is with the nVidia drivers for the geforce2 mx/mx 400. it worked
fine on mdk 8.1 (but it didn't support my audigy card). 8.2 froze constantly
and i finally lost my xserver completely. trying to fix things on the
command line only -  as a newbie isn't fun! red hat 8.0, suse liveval 8.1,
debian 3.0, and slackware 8.1 all configure my graphics card so it works!
they might be more difficult to use but at least i have the advantage of a
gui which tends to simplify things.

so, my question is, does anyone have a relatively straightforward answer to
this problem - nvidia geforce2 mx 400/400 card and mandrake. i've followed
this mailing list and have read that this problem continues on 9.0. i really
would like to give it one more shot.

thanks