Not sure how or when then began to happen or even what the heck I did, but
heres whats going on.  If I log-out of kde and then go to log back-in I get
some harddrive access then I'm taken back to the login screen again.  This is
the gui that shows the user(s), gives wm choices etc..I'm running Mandrake
8.2 and as I said, not sure when this started or what I may have done to
cause it.  Any suggestions on what to check would be appreciated.

--
  Regards
  Chris