> I tried Debian (potato) about a year ago, and found was horrendous to install.
> It eventually installed in "text" mode, but then it took me a week to get it
> running in X! Even then, I was having all sorts of problems. Definitely not
> for the newbie or even the semi-newbie, in my opinion. For the average user
> who wants a Debian type distro, Libranet is excellent.
>
> I like Mandrake best of all the distros I have tried, though, with its
> comparative ease of use and latest packages.  As you say, Mandrake's
> community spirit is excellent. Libranet's is also excellent.
>
> Just my thoughts on the matter.
>
> Cheers
>
> Keith

Debian has made big strides since potatoe, and thet do have a gui installer in the
works although I am not sure which version it will show up in.  I have an experimental
gui installer from progeny which was super simple and installed well.  It kinda stinks
but debian is one of those distros that alto simle once you understand it, it is
frustrating to get to know initially.   Ease of install Mandrake hands down..   But
urpmi cant touch apt-get!

Rob