I'm new to the MDK world. I was using SuSE 8.1.
The environment is very stable. Including the XServer included.
But, the desktop is rather crude. I think SuSE is aiming primarily
at the server market. Because during it's two week test drive.
I experienced 0 core dumps. I do all my Java development work
in *nix environment. So, I need a fairly robust desktop environment.
As well as a stable kernel environment. So far that vote if still out on
MDK. I'm going to install some of the Java tools. If using these tools
causes core dumps. Then, I'll know that MDK is not for me.

Franki wrote:

I get none on some mdk7.2 boxs I still have..

as for mdk9.. most often its me playing with obscure options in KDE apps...

I'm guessing that they are just from bugs in kde...

generally though, I've had only minor probs with mandrake.. most stuff I've
either fixed or I work around.. and I don't have to do that often.. i used
redhat for ages.. then I swapped to mandrake, and I can't imagine swapping
back..

I only load redhat on my systems so I can see what each new ver is like..

Its gotten so that I am so comfortable with mandrake that the idea of
working with other distros is not a happy prospect..

(I love default postfix install.. won't touch sendmail again) and other apps
are my preferences now also.

rgds

Frank