What is your connection???

When I had dialup.. I created files in /etc/ppp
called:

ip-up.local
and
ip-down.local

Those files are automatically run when the connection goes up or down..

in ip-up.local I put this line:
/etc/firewall/gShield.rc

That brings the firewall up when the connection goes up.

if you have cable or dsl..
you can put it at the end of the file /etc/rc.d/rc.local

which will bring it up at the end of the boot process.

I have it in both because I use pppoe for my ADSL...

can't hurt any for you to do the same.. been running it this way for years
now with no problems..

Doesn't gSheild just rule???  :-)

I've never seen the GUI config.. whats it like????

rgds

Frank