Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 19:37, Derek Jennings wrote:

SNIP

Thanks everyone for the advice, I achieved the result,
unfortunately no update was offered. I only got the
standard M9.0 install, which are broken.
I was connected to the net.

I guess I'm down to forcing cooker installs, as an OS with a broken
printer driver is useless, so I'm going to have to take the risk.

John

John
If there is a problem with the gimpprint driver for your printer type why not mention it on the printer forum at Mandrake Club? http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?name=Splatt_Forum
You do not need a membership, and printer questions are often answered by Till Klampetter Mandrake's printer guru.

derek

What about completely removing the printer drivers from John's distro,
then re-installing them via the MCC Package Management? Wouldn't this be
so much easier than mucking around with RPM's that will break his box?

...and I rather forgot what exactly was the reasoning behind installing
new drivers in the first place...

As I say, the M9.0 version of gimpprint/libgimpprint the one is a gui for the
backend driver, is broken, it worked up till M8.2 quite well, but someone tinkered
with it and now it's broken,I'm basically waiting on a bugfix update,which is
really why I went for the cooker variety, not knowing the risks. There is
a tarball but I am loathed to mix rpm's and tarballs, remember gimpprint
is a ghostscript pluggin and has to work with it and I don't want something
installed I cannot take off again.

John

--
John Richard Smith