----- Original Message -----
From: "Technoslick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:47:45 -0500
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [newbie] unreadable files? :-/

> Real funny, Angus! Good one! Look at what that curiosity brought me....
>
> I was playing an audio CD in KsCD when I decided to open a terminal, 'su'
> over to root and cat 'message' in /boot. That's when the joke was on me. All
> of a sudden I got a flurry of Morse code beeps through my speakers, making a
> mess of my music. So, I closed the terminal window, but the Morse code kept
> on coming! Gee-e-e-e-z-z-z-z! I think to myself, I gotta shut this noise
> down. Well, now I am faced with having to turn off my blessed music or see
> if the 'bleeping' noise (no cussing implied) would end on its own. the
> bleeping noise (cussing now intended) just kept on coming, so in disgust (I
> hate to interrupt my music) I closed KsCD down. The Morse code stopped. Wow!
> I was so relieved.
>
> OK. So...I got caught doing a stupid thing. I mean, curiosity killed the
> cat, right? The only thing that bothers me is what that bleeping noise was
> about. It sounded familiar, somehow....I know that I have heard this stuff
> before.Hmmm...Yes! I remember now! Wait! Oh NO! It can't be?! Geez, I can
> see them coming, out of my kitchen window. NO! No....Not again! They took me
> once! No...! OMG!!! No-o-o-o-o-o......
>
> T ;-)
>
> Moral: Don't ever 'cat' a binary file in Linux. It's extremely noisy and
> just infuriate's the hell out of 'them'. And they will come for you, just as
> they have for me. Oh yes, they will come....

Hey........LOLL, I know what that morse code sounds like! I had the same thing going
here too. Mine only lasted for a little while though.

Pretty wild! Is that like booting the <cat>........er, I guess it's <cat>ing the
/boot. :-/

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around in awareness."--James
Thurber