On Friday 06 December 2002 14:41, John Richard Smith wrote:
> Are you sure it's a formatting problem,because these links,
> http://list.cobalt.com/pipermail/cobalt-users/2000-November/027942.html
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0009.1/0140.html
> http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0210.1/1615.html
> suggest it may be something to do with reading the disc.
>
> John

John,

The errors in those posts are indeed the same as mine, but I don't think my
problem is a disk too big for the bios, because I've had 8.2 running on it
all year.
I think their errors were 'can't see sector, disk shouldn't be that big', and
mine is 'can't see sector, disk is corrupt'.
I hope I'm wrong, so I'll try the diagnosis utility Tom mentions.

Richard