On 09 Dec 2002 07:05:16 +1100
Stephen Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, this really sucks (for you at least) - and you've already said
> that sound works for everything under all the desktops
> (Gnome/KDE)....right?

Yes, sound works fine here on Gnome and Fluxbox, at least sounds that
are invoked via programs if that's what you mean.

> This version of mpg321 has been configured with esd as its default
> output device.

To be honest, I don't even see esd in the packages list... installed or
uninstalled! I thought mandrake dropped it.

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Mine is using esd (e sound daemon) as it's engine....have you tried to
> change the engine to see if this resolves the issue?

No I haven't tried with others, because 'mpg123 <file>' works perfectly
in the console... Seeing as nothing else is using any sound device at
the same time, I presume this should definitely work, and not coredump,
true?

Greetings
Ralph
--