> > > Subject: Re: [newbie] question about log files

SNIP

> > The program is called logrotate. If you leave your computer on overnight
> > Mandrake has automatically set cron to do the rotate once a week at 4am.
> > The config files are in /etc/logrotate.d/. For more info open your
> > terminal and "man logrotate".
> >
> > Someone else my have already answered this but i have been horsing with
> > my kmail threading and don't know whic list mails i have glanced at and
> > deleted. --
> > Michael

> Thanks ppl for all the valuable info. All stuff I didn't
> know............wasn't such a dumb question after all. ;-)
>
> I'll leave my comp on overnight and let logrotate do it's thing.
>
> All the best.
>

> --Angus

You can always change the time logrotate runs.  Either use Webmin, or directly
edit /etc/crontab. Logrotate runs daily, so all you have to do is modify the
entry for cron.daily.

56 10 * * * root nice -n 19 run-parts /etc/cron.daily

This entry means run at "10:56 am, every day, every week"

derek