Can anybody help?

I have used Abiword on another Linux distribution and wanted to use it
after changing to Mandrake 9.0.but seem to have encountered a bug?? in
Mandrake RPM

1. "Find File" for "abiword" showed "no files" present on my
installation
2. Mandrake Control Centre => Software Management => Install Software =>
All packages alphabetical=>  displayed "abiword-1.0.2-1.mdk" and various
other abiword packages which I selected for installation
3. "Install" gave the following message -

  "Everything already installed (is this supposed to happen at all?)"

4."Remove Software" confirms that abiword is NOT present:-
When I check with Remove Software=> Find => Search for "abiword" the
result is "Search results (none)"

Where do I go from here?

--
Douglas B. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>