On Saturday 07 Dec 2002 5:43 pm, Douglas B. wrote:
> Can anybody help?
>
> I have used Abiword on another Linux distribution and wanted to use it
> after changing to Mandrake 9.0.but seem to have encountered a bug?? in
> Mandrake RPM
>
> 1. "Find File" for "abiword" showed "no files" present on my
> installation
> 2. Mandrake Control Centre => Software Management => Install Software =>
> All packages alphabetical=>  displayed "abiword-1.0.2-1.mdk" and various
> other abiword packages which I selected for installation
> 3. "Install" gave the following message -
>
>   "Everything already installed (is this supposed to happen at all?)"
>
> 4."Remove Software" confirms that abiword is NOT present:-
> When I check with Remove Software=> Find => Search for "abiword" the
> result is "Search results (none)"
>
> Where do I go from here?

You can get the "All packages Installed" message when there is something wrong
with the communication to the source.  You will get a better indication of
the problem if you run it from the command line.

First do
urpmi.update -a   to make sure your source lists are up to date, then
urpmi abiword
If there is a problem you should be able to work out from the text what it is.

If you wish to remove abiword
urpme abiword

If you wish to check which version is currently installed
rpm -q abiword

BTW: Since Abiword is not on the download edition CDs I assume you have
defined a source for Contribs for 9.0, or else have the Powerpack?

HTH

derek