Jerry wrote:

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:45:35 +0100
"Martin L. Johansen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sunday 08 December 2002 16:44, Jerry wrote:

Running 2 computers, main is mdk 8.2, secondary is mdk 9.0. Both
have different monitors and different video cards. After a while of
inactivity, even when xscreensaver is disabled, the monitor goes
blank except for a green flashing "D." Not that this is a big
problem, per se... it goes away and the screen comes back up when you
press a key on the keyboard, but it is a little annoying... (like a
vcr clock flashing 12:00 12:00 12:00 lol) Wondering if anyone knows
how to fix this? I _think_ it's just under KDE, i don't use other
window managers/desktop environments very often so I don't recall if
it's happened under Gnome or IceWM, etc.

Look in Mandrake Control Center --> Powercontrol --> Energy

--
Martin L. Johansen
Carpe Aptenodytes! (Seize the Penguins!)

Thanks for the reply, but I've looked in Mandrake Control Center for Powercontrol and Energy on both machines, niether machine has those options on it.
Thx

Jerry.

MCC-System-Services-apmd is running as default, can be changed
to not be running.

apmd means automatic power management daemon, I think,
The default position on install is running, see whether you
can have it not running, I think this is supposed to stop
black screen after,the default, and not adjustable, 20 minutes.
Only whenever I have ever tried it, it didn't work, but I believe it should,
it's there amoungst other things to give your screen a rest, but
also for laptop computers batteries to last longer. On the whole
though it does no harm leaving it in place. It doesn't interfere
with anything running, like downloads etc, so why not leave it be.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]