----- Original Message -----
From: FemmeFatale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 14:23:02 -0700
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] MS Intellimouse error

> At 09:57 PM 12/8/2002 -0300, you wrote:
>

> >Thanks for the replies.......I'm pretty certain there is a loose nut
> >between the mouse and the chair here Stephen, but I was hoping for some
> >other explanation. LOL :-)
> >
> >I do have gpm running in runlevel 5, I wasn't sure whether I needed it or
> >not, so I just left it on. I could probably shut it down then could I? Or
> >is it better to just leave it be and ignore the occasional error?
> >
> >It's a minor glitch really. And now I know I'm not the only one who has it
> >occurring. I feel better. ;-)
> >
> >All the best.
> >
> >--Angus
> >
> >-
>
> I know this is old but try using it as a USB Mouse or is that not possible?
> Femme

Thanks for the reply Femme,
I was actually under the impression that it would "easier" to use
the MS Intellimouse as a PS/2. I haven't tried it as USB.
It's working OK really, just the occasional error comes up.

I am dual-booting an MS system too...no probs with the mouse there.
Shouldn't be either...after all it's an MS mouse!

I do have a free USB port. You think it would be better to try that?
Mdk 9.0 hasn't been the most USB friendly system. I had quite
a battle to get my Epson USB printer up and printing! :-(
I did get it working though, after a scrap. Works OK now.

Thanks for the help. All the best.

--Angus

"Success is the art of being who you are."