On Wed, 2002-12-11 at 03:54, Don and Alexa Pongracz wrote:
> Well, I've gone a redone a bit. First my printer didn't work, and I
> thought perhaps it was the settings, although they seemed okay. Then
> it hung...my fault, and then I rebooted.  The printer still won't
> print, I now suspect it is out of ink, and the one red warning is
> this:
> dhcpd failed
>
> and now my internet won't work.
> Question one: what remedy would work
> Question two: would the settings I had in place perhaps change as I
> had to shut the computer off when it hung??
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Alexa

DHCP is failing because it's not able to bind an IP address to your
network card. If you re-setup the network card again for DHCP you should
be good to go.

--
Wed Dec 11 08:10:00 EST 2002
  8:10am  up 32 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.32, 0.14, 0.16

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

Princess Leia:
        The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the
        more star systems will slip through your fingers.