You are still at 640x480 8bpp because you are probably using the vga16 server,
not the XBF_i740 server. To solve this, go to /usr/X11R6/bin and make a
symbolic link to the XBF_i740 file as follows:

cd /usr/X11R6/bin
ln -s XBF_i740 XF86_SVGA

Then run Xconfigurator and select unlisted card, select SVGA server, select the
proper settings for your monitor, and answer "don't probe" when it appears.
Then you'll be asked for the video ram, my Stealth II G460 has 8mb, you specify
what's right for your card. After that select "No clockchip", "skip" probe, and
finally select your desired resolution and color depth. It's recommended that
you select only the resolution you want to work with, and not the lower ones.
After that just say "ok" and you're done!

El 18 sep 1999, escribiste: