Daniel Buchanan wrote:

ok i got it working most of the way. I see what my problem was. Lilo is compiled and i had assumed it was outo compiled and not only on demand. No wonder nothing seemed to work exactly the way i wanted it to. Now my only problem is how to keep the system from locking my cd trays..... :)

I'm not sure I know what you mean by not compiled, do you mean , /sbin/lilo had not been
run.

Incidentally, what does cdrecord -scanbus now say.

Can you mount both writer and rom directories .

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]