On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 00:16, Sabin, Matthew wrote:
> I built a PC to be our home-entertainment-system (replacing TV, CD
> Player, DVD Player and Tuner while adding MP3/OGG Player, Video
> Recorder, and Digital Video Player)
>
> All of it's working except the FM tuner and the DVD playback -- where
> the video and audio get out of sync in the first 10 minutes or so.
>
> The TV tuner took lots of fiddling under 8.2, but Mandrake figured it
> out by itself when installing 9.0 -- I had to manually tune the
> channels in XawTV since I'm on antenna, and all signals are too weak
> for the autodetect.
>
> Does anyone have the FM tuner working?
> Does anyone have advice on troubleshooting my DVD playback?
>
> --Matthew

DVD playback is generally an issue with disk I/O - so you can use hdparm
to tune the drive.

When I watch DVD, I use the following (and mind you, your settings may
differ)

hdparm -d1 -p4 -X66 /dev/hdc

...then I fire up Mplayer or Xine and that's that.

--
Thu Dec 12 07:30:01 EST 2002
  7:30am  up 23:52,  5 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.42, 0.31

   .o0 linux user:267497 0o.
--------------------------------
|            __    __          | kühn media australia
|           /  \ /| |'-.       | http://kma.0catch.com
|          .\__/ || |   |      |
|       _ /  `._ \|_|_.-'      | stephen kühn
|      | /  \__.`=._) (_       |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |/ ._/  |"""""""""|     |  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
|      |'.  `\ |         |     |    icq: 5483808
|  smk  ) /_/| |.-------.|     | mobile: 0410-728-389
|      '  `-`' "         "     | Berkeley, New South Wales, AU
Coralament*Best Grötens*Liebe Grüße*Best Regards*Elkorajn Salutojn

"Look, Daddy, a whale egg!"

        --Ralph Wiggum
          Make Room for Lisa (Episode AABF12)