To force a reinstall try:

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs the_broken_rpm.rpm

which forces rpm to replace the packages if they exist and if not it
installs them.

If this refuses step it up a notch:

rpm -Uvh --replacepkgs --replacefiles the_broken_rpm.rpm

You could eventually use the option --force but this also skips the
dependency check so be careful.

So this is actually not an answer to your question but I'd try it
anyway..

Huub

--
Huub van den Heuvel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>