-lXpm means its trying to look for a library named
libXpm.so
Here is what I found on the rpmfind.net for that file:

http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libXpm&submit=Search+...

Install the rpm for libXpm and try to run configure
again. Just to be doubly sure, I always remove the
config.cache and config.status files before running
configure again.

HTH,
Nikunj.

--- Brian Trainor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to get XawTV 3.81 installed here so I can
> have the webcam app.  I
> run ./configure with no problem, but when I run
> make, it goes ok for a little
> and then I get this:
>
> LD           console/v41-conf
> /usr/bin/ld: Cannot find -lXpm
> collect2: ld returned 1 ext status
> make: *** [console/v41-conf] Error 1
>
> It should be noted it appears to run ld on other
> things without error.
>
> I've been googling for about far too long to find an
> answer to whats going on
> here.  Do I need a new version of ld that supports
> those flags, or is
> something screwy in the make file that it's running
> ld with just those flags
> and not any actual file input?  Any and all help
> will be a great relief.
>
> Thank you.
>

> > Want to buy your Pack or Services from
MandrakeSoft?