On Tuesday 17 Dec 2002 H:38 am, Stephen Kuhn wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 06:38, Andy wrote:
> > >
> > > What happens if you just open up XSANE without a configuration attached
> > > to it - does it detect the scanner, or still freeze up? (BTW, what
> > > kinda digi-cam ya gots?)
> >
> > I have a Intel Pocket PC Camera. The little digits on the camera show up
> > soo obviously it can detect that also. And with XSANE, no matter what i
> > do, it wont open. I call it in a terminal, and it brings up a user
> > agreement, and I agree to it. Then a error window pops up saying it cant
> > detect any devices whatsoever.
>
> ...ok...hmmm...you should be able to "mount" the camera as an actual
> "file system"...there was talk of this a week back - so you might want
> to dig through the messages and find the one pertaining to the USB
> camera...
>
> ...now with SANE/XSANE - this is strange. It appears to have already
> detected the scanner, but ain't doin' a thing now...what about when you
> reboot - are the modules loading - or does the scanner "re-appear" ?

Quoting Colin Rose's post here ---
 The problem is that somehow a typo is introduced in the file
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf. If you get the error 'no devices found' then edit
the above file and change the word 'SnapScan' to 'snapscan' and it
should work.
<end quote>
I may be way off here but I seem to recall reading somewhere that this can
affect scanners other than snapscans.
--
http://www.poogle.co.uk