Now wait a minute. She won't have to use the 'little puter.' As a matter of
fact, if your going to have the little puter be the server, she should stay
off of it! ;-)
The ISA slot shortage can be solved by removing the sound card. The server
won't need it and you'll have a slot for the new nic (if you can find a
'new' ISA nic!).
I haven't finished configuring my old pos as a server yet but certainly
isn't the hottest machine I have around. All I need it to do is host a small
web site, serve network files and share it's cd burner. Anyone who wants to
do real work can just hop on the Pentium II (can you tell I need some new
systems?) and use their favorite (linux) apps with access to the internet as
well.
Summary then -- old puter has cdrom, cd burner, network nic, internet nic
and needs a bigger hard drive. I'm thinking about putting the color printer
up there but can't decide if it will be more convenient or not at this
point.
Bottom line -- 'Gosh honey, I love you so much I want you to use your
Windows machine -- someplace where guests won't see it.
:-))
-----
Richard L. Babcock, Owner
Tower Training
At Tower Training, We Bring the Classroom to You!
www.towertraining.net