On Thursday 19 Dec 2002 11:01 am, ivette brusselmans wrote:
> Hello out there!
>
> Can access WIN98box through Komba2 from MDK8.2, but when I try to do the
> reverse, dubbleclick on MDK8.2box, I get a small screen asking me for
> password. Where can I set this password on my MDK82box or even eliminate
> the need for one?

Generally this means that windows is passing the login name and password, but
it does not match the one you have set up for that user on your linux box (in
samba).  I would say that the first stop is in Webmin - check the user info.
You may find that the password is not correctly set up there.

Check capitalisation, etc., and if it still doesn't work you may have to post
your smb.config here, to see if we can spot the problem

Anne